I know there is some merit in trying new things but has anybody actually not liked the classic chocolate chip cookie? On “cookie Thursday” at my work it’s the crowd favorite among my team. I’m not sure when and where I found the recipe I use but everyone that has tested these cookies seems to like them. They use more butter than a normal cookie recipe so the butter flavor really comes through when you bite into them. They are a paler cookie than other recipes I’ve baked before so don’t be alarmed if you question the color.
Here’s the recipe!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg+ 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Put flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl whisk melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together. Add egg, then yolk and mix. Add vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix. Fold in choc. chips.
- Chill dough for 2 hours.
- Give dough 10 minutes to soften to room temp after chilling.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees and bake for 11-12 minutes.