One of my favorite breads that is sooo easy to make and sooo tasty is Banana bread. There are so many recipes and variations of this classic recipe but my favorite is one passed down from my family and it’s a sour cream version. A lot of people are a little confused with the addition of sour cream but I have found that anything it’s added to (apple pie, banana bread, cakes, etc) it just helps to add a more moist texture to the end game.
See below for the super easy recipe! My cautions include: Don’t overmix or you’ll have a chewier bread. Another tip is to monitor the cooking time. I last cooked my bread for about 1 hour and 5 minutes but the middle was still a little raw so keep an eye on the cook time.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (I’ve gotten away using 2 large bananas)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together sugar and sour cream.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Add soda, flour, and salt until just mixed (don’t over mix!!!)
- Stir in bananas and chips.
- Using a loaf pan bake at 350 degrees for approximately one hour.